[Openstack-operators] New to Open Stack - shutdown vs terminate

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:45:40 UTC 2011

Tom ,

Just thinking out loud, maybe you can pass out your API credentials via
metadata in boot time, and then use them to :

- When a user issues "shutdown -h" , is really an alias to post a
"Terminate" to the nova API
- Then the instance "suicides" itself and you get what your users are
expecting :)

Regards

Lele