[Openstack-operators] some questions about openstack

Kelly Goedert kelly.goedert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:44:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just started reading about open stack. I've been a user of cloud services
on amazon. Now I would like to start playing with building my own private
cloud with some old machines I have. First, I just would like to check if
my basic understanding is correct. The open stack (with ubuntu installed
and all the required software) would give a sort of a pool of resources
where I would install virtual machines with whatever services I want. And
if one piece of my hardware fails, for example, an HD all my services would
continue working (as long as of course everything is not on a single
machine).

Is this correct?

Thanks

Kelly