[Openstack-operators] openstack Dashboard installation errors

Harlan H. Bloom harlan at bloomenterprises.org
Wed Dec 7 19:03:41 UTC 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to get openstack Dashboard installed and running. The installation instructions I'm following are from this website: http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackDashboard

I have previously installed devstack, but I have been unable to make it persistent. Since devstack is for "development" only, it somewhat makes sense. I've looked at the installation script, but so far I have been unable to see what I've missed.

I am unable to sync the database, nor run the server; I get the same errors as below:

~/horizon/openstack-dashboard$ tools/with_venv.sh dashboard/manage.py syncdb
ERROR:root:No module named local.local_settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/harlan/horizon/openstack-dashboard/dashboard/settings.py", line 126, in <module>
from local.local_settings import *
ImportError: No module named local.local_settings
ERROR:root:No module named local.local_settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/harlan/horizon/openstack-dashboard/dashboard/../dashboard/settings.py", line 126, in <module>
from local.local_settings import *
ImportError: No module named local.local_settings
Error: No module named horizon.dashboards.settings

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Harlan...