[Openstack-operators] failed to run the auth-server deamon for SAIO setup

Greg Holt gholt at rackspace.com
Tue Apr 5 19:48:14 UTC 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 9:03 AM, shashidhar v wrote:

> 2) How to create new accounts/users using the  admin "reseller" which was created using the script "recreateaccounts" of SAIO
>
> swift at test3:~/swift/trunk$ swauth-add-user -U reseller:reseller -K reseller -A http://192.168.62.63:8080/auth/v1.0 reseller user1 user1

This one was closest. The -A ADMIN_URL should be -A http://192.168.62.63:8080/auth/
I often forget too, but if you run swauth-add-user with no options it has an example for a reminder.

> 3) Is it possible  to enforce the storage limit for a non admin account/user in swift , if so how to set that storage limit for a user ? How to distribute the  available storage among different users ?

Swift currently does not have quota support (limiting how much space a user can use). It's on the list, but not yet on a specific roadmap. Here at Rackspace we just make sure to mount new hard drives faster than folks can upload. :)