[Openstack-operators] LDAP in NOVA

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Dec 21 15:51:29 UTC 2010

Hi Sonali -

Welcome to OpenStack land! Generally authorization can be handled either
with the database or LDAP. In Nova, authorization is used for users,
projects, and roles. You can configure OpenLDAP (or LDAP) by specifying
nova.auth.ldapdriver.LdapDriver. If you install with the developer-oriented
script, contrib/nova.sh, refer to
http://nova.openstack.org/quickstart.htmlfor an env var to set which
LDAP driver is used. I believe the Sun
(opends/opendj/sun directory server/fedora ds) schemas are available in
addition to LDAP.

I don't have recommendations or preferences to offer, but someone else may
want to chime in. You can also hop over to the #openstack IRC channel on
freenode and ask for opinions there, I'm sure there are some. :)

Anne
*Anne Gentle*
anne at openstack.org
 my blog <http://justwriteclick.com/> | my