[Openstack-mentoring] [first-cloud] Advice for Openstack upgrade

Cecilia Di Maulo cecilia.dimaulo at osones.com
Thu Jul 19 12:19:54 UTC 2018

Hi

Indeed, I have already started to backup everything, thanks

So, now I have all my nodes running *Ubuntu 16.04.*

I am in a *HA* configuration.

I am using *Openstack-Ansible *an my actual openstack version is *Newton
14.2.8*.

The users identify through the organisation *LDAP*.

For now *we are running* :
- Keystone
- Nova (local storage)
- Cinder (NFS)
- Glance
- Neutron
- Heat

Apparently they also tried to install Ceilometer it had weird behaviors and
overwhelmed the servers so it was deactivated before my arrival...

After (or is it better during?) the upgrade we *would like to add*:
- Ceilometer
- Gnocchi
- other tools to monitor the VMs usage and to send reminders of usage to
the users (grafana...)

Thanks for the advice,

Have a great day

Cecilia