[Openstack-mentoring] [first-cloud] Advice for Openstack upgrade

Jill Rouleau jillr at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 16:24:11 UTC 2018

Hi Cecilia,

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 09:05 +0200, Cecilia Di Maulo wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm Cecilia. I've just arrived in the professional world and in the
> Openstack world. My first mission is about upgrading a 3 compute nodes
> and 3 infra nodes, from Newton 14.2.8 to at least Queens. If you have
> any piece of advice on what I should probably not forget to do, or
> what could facilitate this task, I am all ears out !

Welcome!  Can you tell us a bit more about your environment?  What
distribution is your cloud running on, and what deployment tools are you
using?  Also, are your infra nodes an HA configuration?

No matter what, you definitely want to have really solid backups of all of your databases and of your configs.  And I'd recommend devising a rollback or recovery plan before starting the upgrade.

Cheers,
Jill