[OpenStack-Infra] Multi-Source Publishing on docs.airshipit.org

WALTERS, ANDREW aw442m at att.com
Mon Apr 20 14:37:57 UTC 2020

Hello!

Thank you for giving Airship documentation a home. Having our documentation spread across several Read the Docs sites has long been a frustration for new Airship users. We are excited to fully embrace the site but cannot do so until all of our content is represented there. Since we have many source code repositories, our documentation originates from several different locations. For example, Treasuremap is publishing to docs.airshipit.org; however, Armada documentation [0] is not reachable from that page

The Airship Working Committee has considered how to accomplish hosting all of our documentation on the same site while allowing it to live in the same repositories as the corresponding source code. Looking at the publish job [1], it appears that we could accomplish this by removing the final key, adding all of our projects to the "allowed-projects" list, and overriding the "publish_site" variable in repository-specific jobs. For example, we could create a job in the Armada repository that publishes to "airshipit.org/docs/armada" and link to it from our main documentation at docs.airshipit.org.

Is our approach feasible given our current setup? If so, the Working Committee will start submitting the necessary changes.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Drew Walters
Airship Working Committee