[OpenStack-Infra] OpenStack CI environment issues

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 22:02:36 UTC 2019

On 10/17/19 1:58 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> I think the ideal here would be for someone (or some group) to work through setting up a Zuulv3 using Zuul's documentation and the infra spec as guidance then use that to produce an up to date guide on setting up third party CI systems.

I have been helping on setting up a more-production-quality Third Party
CI at Intel recently, it is our intention to thoroughly document the
process after it is running and we have learned the hard lessons of how
to do it.

In short I am taking this approach:
* Install Gerrit (not strictly necessarily needed for testing upstream
reviews but we want it for other reasons) from the upstream Gerrit
Dockerfile  I am also following along the current work that
OpenDev/Infra are doing in this area.

* Use Windmill[0] as the basis for installing the Zuul stack.  This was
fairly straightforard to get processes running, much of our time has
been in understanding how to configure the components properly starting
with our original Quick-Start-based setup.

dt

[0] https://opendev.org/windmill/

--
Dean Troyer