[OpenStack-Infra] OpenStack CI environment issues

Ling LL Chen clclchen at cn.ibm.com
Wed Oct 16 03:02:49 UTC 2019

Hi Dear,

This is Linda from IBM Storage cinder team and we need to set-up the
OpenStack CI environment with puppet-master/jenkins/nodepool/zuul.

But we hit lots of errors during the installation which followed by the
guide "https://docs.openstack.org/infra/openstackci/third_party_ci.html".
This guide is too old which used the ubuntu 14.04, while our operation
system is ubuntu 18.04.

And here is my questions:
1. Do you have any new updated guide or documents of how to set-up
OpenStack CI environment on ubuntu 18.04 or ubuntu 16.04?

2. Do you have the manually step by step guide to install OpenStack CI
environment?

3. Even we changed the OS to ubuntu 16.04, we still hit the errors as
below:

Error: /Stage[main]/Jenkins::Job_builder/File[/etc/jenkins_jobs/config]:

Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment

production source(s) file:/etc/project-config/jenkins/jobs

Error: /Stage[main]/Nodepool/File[/etc/nodepool/elements]: Could not

evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment production source

(s) file:/etc/project-config/nodepool/elements

Error: /Stage[main]/Nodepool/File[/etc/nodepool/scripts]: Could not

evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment production source

(s) file:/etc/project-config/nodepool/scripts

Error: /Stage[main]/Openstackci::Nodepool/File

[/etc/nodepool/nodepool.yaml]: Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve

information from environment production source(s)

file:/etc/project-config/nodepool/nodepool.yaml

Warning: /Stage[main]/Jenkins::Job_builder/Exec[jenkins_jobs_update]:

Skipping because of failed dependencies

Error: /Stage[main]/Zuul::Server/File[/etc/zuul/layout]: Could not

evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment production source

(s) file:/etc/project-config/zuul

Regards,

Chen Ling(Linda,陈玲)
Cloud Storage Solutions Development (CSSD)
IBM System
SRA troubleshooting wiki:
https://apps.na.collabserv.com/wikis/home?lang=en-us#!/wiki/W9c4e08533b49_46bf_b9ee_e46fb712a085/page/SRA%20Troubleshoting

Tel: (8621)6092-8292 Ext:28292
Address: 3F, Building 10, 399 Keyuan Road, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong
New District, Shanghai 201203, China