[OpenStack-Infra] helping openstack-infra

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Nov 25 18:04:13 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-25 09:48:20 -0800 (-0800), Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> For the config management updates we've been converting
> deployments of services from puppet to ansible
[...]

It also merits pointing out that this is in part driven by our
inability to easily apply our existing Puppet manifests with any of
the versions of Puppet available for newer operating systems like
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, so if there is a desire to do something which
needs a newer operating system than (rapidly aging) Ubuntu 16.04
LTS, replacing the Puppet automation with Ansible is a necessary
prerequisite.