[OpenStack-Infra] Airship project replication/sync to GitHub

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu May 16 15:06:33 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019, at 4:17 PM, SKELS, KASPARS wrote:

> Hi OpenStack infra team,
>

> we would like to set up replication
>
> From  https://opendev.org/airship ->  https://github.com/airshipit
>

> The GitHub space airshipit should already be available to OpenStack Foundation.
>
> Let us know how to proceed with this.
>

> Kindly, Kaspars & Airship team

The first step is for us to migrate the Airship repos in github under https://github.com/openstack to https://github.com/airshipit. To do this you will need to add the "OpenStack Infrastructure" openstackadmin account as admin on the airshipit org (this is a necessary permission to do transfer between orgs). Then provide us with a list of the repos that should be moved and we'll run our script over them to perform the org transfer.

This org transfer ensures that github redirects are created so that people using the older urls will find the new urls. Once that is done you can remove the openstackadmin account from the airshipit org.

Then the next step is to set up the Zuul git replication jobs as described at http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/005007.html for each of these repos (this is something you can do in your repos without infra involvement).

To get things going maybe respond to this email thread with the list of repos to transfer on github once the openstackadmin account is added to the airshipit org?

Clark