[OpenStack-Infra] Question: How to attach large files to LP bugs?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon May 13 18:14:15 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-13 12:48:53 -0400 (-0400), Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> compress multiple chunks and upload them separately?
[...]

I would go the other direction: compress as thoroughly as possible
and then use the `split` utility specifying whatever the upload
limit for LP is (I too have no idea what they limit attachment sizes
to). Reassembly can be done with `cat` to stuff the chunks back
together and then decompress the resulting file as usual.

This is starting to remind me of splitting uuencoded data to
overcome posting length limits on Usenet.