[OpenStack-Infra] Kubernetes walkthrough (for OpenDev gitea)

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Jan 2 21:59:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

As part of the OpenDev Gerrit Hosting spec [1], we're planning on
running gitea as our primary git mirror.  Monty and I have been working
on a system to run it in a fully HA manner using Kubernetes, cephfs, and
percona.  The changes to implement this are in review[2].  But there's a
lot of new technology, and it's been very educational to be able to
build this system up from the ground.  We'd like to walk through the
process interactively with other folks so we all benefit from this.

We will schedule a time where we will broadcast a terminal session which
anyone can watch (using telnet) at the same time we all join a voice
conference on the PBX.  Monty and I will demonstrate the system and
answer questions as we go.  We will record the session and make it
available afterwords.

The infra-root team, who may end up debugging problems with the system
in the future, are the primary audience of this session, but anyone is
welcome to join.

If you're interested in attending, please let us know which of the two
suggested times work for you by adding an entry to this ethercalc:

  https://ethercalc.openstack.org/infra-k8-walkthrough

Thanks,

Jim

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/opendev-gerrit.html