[OpenStack-Infra] Zanata broken on Bionic

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun Apr 28 08:01:46 UTC 2019

On 27/04/2019 03.56, Frank Kloeker wrote:
> [...]
> The biggest problem at the moment are pot files. Weblate expects this in
> the source repo which we haven't. But Weblate has it's own local repos.
> It's not clear at the moment how we design the workflow. Zuul can also
> push changes on rst files in the Weblate repo and Weblate can build pot
> files there. It's to think about it.

Pot files are generated files, so there's always an extra step to create
them and keep them in sync.

I see the following options:
* Ensure that users update pot files. That will leads to many conflicts
and rebases, so is out.
* Have a job that writes to gerrit. We're not doing anything like that
in OpenStack by policy.
* Have a separate place that stores pot files.

We use with translate.o.o the third way and store the pot files directly
in translate.o.o. We could generate a special "pot-files repo" that is
used for syncing.

Pushing rst files to Weblate could work as well - but we also have repos
like tripleo-ui that use JSON and not rst,

Andreas
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)