[OpenStack-Infra] Post opendev git repo hosting status repo

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Sat Apr 20 21:25:08 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019, at 9:18 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> Hello infra!
>
> We've completed the initial work to do this migration. YAY. But there
> are a few things to keep in mind while we clean up after ourselves.
>
> This was a bit of an inception moment where we rely on Gerrit to drive
> our infrastructure but we renamed and moved Gerrit. This means that the
> ansible crons on bridge.o.o are disabled. Please DO NOT reenable the
> run_all.sh cron until we are ready.
>
> We should also avoid creating new projects until we are happy with
> things and have run_all.sh running again. config-core please DO NOT
> merge new project additions until we are ready.
>
> In general though bug fixes to zuul jobs should be fine (and I expect
> we'll have to start here in order to merge other code). And we'll fix
> more bugs from there. Thanks again to everyone that helped and for your
> patience otherwise. This was the work of many people.
>
> Also I'll respond to this when we think we are ready to go on the
> things I asked us to leave alone for now.

We have reenabled the run_all.sh cron on bridge.openstack.org after iterating through each playbook it runs and examining the results. Things looked happy so we are back to operating with normal deployment procedures.

That said we would like to keep a freeze on new project creations for a little while longer. We found some bugs around creating and renaming projects particularly if the new target org (or namespace) does not already exist. This means config-core and infra-root please avoid creating new projects until we are ready. I will followup to this message with a note when we have reached that point.

Thank you,
Clark