[OpenStack-Infra] Problems building pinned master branch

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Apr 8 15:36:02 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019, at 6:14 AM, Thomas Bachman wrote:

> Apparently I'm still learning how to use email (drat those hot-keys!).
>
> This is the patch:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/647475/
>
> You can see that the patch initially passed CI on 3/25/2019, but then
> when the patch was going to be merged (no changes in the code), the
> merge job failed. The way it failed is also interesting -- the error in
> the pep8 job indicates that the DB migration script isn't available,
> which is part of the python code (i.e. suggesting that our repo's
> package isn't even installed?):
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/75/647475/1/gate/openstack-tox-pep8/5543fd1/job-output.txt.gz#_2019-03-28_23_14_40_267120
>
> The py27 job suggests the same:
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/75/647475/1/gate/openstack-tox-py27/8a13368/job-output.txt.gz#_2019-03-28_23_14_59_087759
>
> Does anyone know of any changes between 3/25/2019 and 3/28/2019 that
> would result in our package not being included? Again, please let me
> know if this is the wrong list for such issues, and thanks in advance
> for any/all help!

I'm not aware of any changes on our end. There have been a few recent tox releases [0] which may be relevant. When I run the tox -epep8 command locally with tox 3.5.3 I see that '-e git+https://git.openstack.org/openstack/group-based-policy@77a7df0a7093f8c3e245481b237738bef838079d#egg=group_based_policy' shows up, but is not present on the zuul job log.

I then upgraded tox to 3.8.6 (latest) and reran it (using the -r flag to reinstall deps) and see the same successful result with that package being installed. As a result I don't think tox is at fault here.

I do think your answer is in tracking down why that package isn't installed. Normally tox would install it as a separate last step of the package installation process.

[0] https://pypi.org/project/tox/#history

Hope this helps,
Clark