[OpenStack-Infra] Zanata broken on Bionic

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Tue Apr 2 10:28:31 UTC 2019

Am 2019-03-25 23:14, schrieb Ian Wienand:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:01:44AM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Anybody remembers or can reach out to Zanata folks for help on
>> fixing this for good, please?
>
> From internal communication with people previously involved with
> Zanata, it seems the team has disabanded and there is no current
> support or, at this time, planned future development.  So
> unfortunately it seems there are no "Zanata folks" at this point :(

Hi Ian,

thanks for the update. That's also my information as the Zanata team
peeled off in the autumn last year.
The OpenStack I18n team was aware about the fact, that we will run into
an unsupported platform in the near future and started an investigation
about the renew of translation platform on [1].
Unfortunately at the moment it's only a list with explored products or
projects. Zanata was the best choice and a change of the platform will
produce a lot of work. To pull over the project to the OSF could be also
an option, but I think there are no Java developers around to maintain
the code.
My recommendation would be to leave it as it is and to decide how to
proceed.

kind regards

Frank

[1]