[OpenStack-Infra] git-review tagging schedule

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 19 18:08:43 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-19 16:09:55 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2018-09-19 08:54:40 -0700 (-0700), David van der Bokke wrote:
> > Checking to see when this is going to get tagged?  Thanks
> [...]
>
> Ironically, we were discussing it in IRC (#openstack-infra on
> Freenode) just as you sent this. We're trying to work out whether
> https://review.openstack.org/601251 should probably be included for
> similar reasons, but otherwise are ready to release it in the next
> hour or so I think.

We got the simplest and/or most urgent changes flushed into the
master branch and released git-review 1.27.0 a few moments ago.
As usual, signed Python packages for it can be found at
http://tarballs.openstack.org/git-review/ and it's also the current
version served from https://pypi.org/project/git-review/ at this
point.

There are still quite a few other pending improvements under review
we'd like to wrap into another release very soon, but this should at
least un-block the transition in Gerrit. Thanks again for taking
git-review's behaviors into account when deprecating functionality
in Gerrit (it's very much appreciated!), and apologies the release
discussions dragged on a bit.