[OpenStack-Infra] How does Zuulv3 distinguish "Build successful" or failure?

Tobias.Henkel at bmw.de Tobias.Henkel at bmw.de
Mon Jun 25 11:06:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 25.06.18, 12:52, "Rikimaru Honjo" <honjo.rikimaru at po.ntt-tx.co.jp> wrote:

    Hello,

    Sorry, I have a new question about Zuul V3.
    (Perhaps this is my last question...)

    I created my job of ZuulV3.
    And I deliberately failed my job to test my settings.

    As a result, a message like this was reported to gerrit.

    -----
    Patch Set 1:
    Build successful.
    * foo-bar-tempest-test http://localhost:8000/421/1/20180625101836 : FAILURE in 7m 06s (non-voting)
    -----

    "FAILURE" is OK. This is same as my expectation.
    Because this job was deliberately failed by me.

    But, "Build successful." was different from my expectation.
    How does Zuulv3 distinguish "Build successful" or failure?
    (Should I register the result to a specific variable in playbook?)

Zuul ignores non-voting jobs for the overall build result. By declaring your
job non-voting you tell zuul that you don't care about the build result of that
job.

    Best regards,
    --
    Rikimaru Honjo