[OpenStack-Infra] Moving logs into swift (redux)

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue Jul 17 15:30:52 UTC 2018

Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> writes:

> Excerpts from corvus's message of 2018-07-16 15:27:10 -0700:
>
>> The Zuul dashboard makes finding the location of logs for jobs
>> (especially post jobs) simpler.  So we no longer need logs.o.o to find
>> the storage location (files or swift) for post jobs -- a user can just
>> follow the link from the build history in the dashboard.
>
> Is that information available through an API? I could update git-os-job
> to use the API to get the URL (it knows how to construct the URL from
> the commit ID today).

Yes:

  http://zuul.openstack.org/api/builds?project=openstack/python-monascaclient&newrev=f5b8831fbaf69d5c93776b166bd4915cf452ae27

But Zuul's API is in flux, undocumented, and comes with no stability
promises yet.  We want to change that, but we're still getting the
basics down.  I hesitate to suggest that folks write to the API too much
at this point.

Having said that, this is a pretty lightweight use, and I'm sure we'll
always have this functionality, even if we end up changing the details,
so I think we should do it.  If we have to change git-os-job again
before everything is final, I'm sure it won't be much trouble.

-Jim