[OpenStack-Infra] What's the future for git-review?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 5 17:34:59 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-05 13:23:57 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> I wonder if it would be useful to move that step of determining the
> topic out to a hook, so that project-specific logic could be applied
> as part of submitting a patch?

In the way of spitballing some alternatives, we could have it refuse
to update the topic if it sees that the change already has a topic
set in Gerrit (unless -t is used). That would address most of my
gripes about the autotopic functionality. I find it especially
annoying if I've stacked two changes in series for procedural
reasons but want to maintain separate change topics for them in
Gerrit.

We could of course also make it possible to disable topic inference
with a configuration option.