[OpenStack-Infra] What's the future for git-review?

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Jul 5 14:42:54 UTC 2018

Jeremy already articulated my thoughts well; I don't have much to add.
But I think it's important to reiterate that I find it extremely
valuable that git-review perform its function ("push changes to Gerrit")
simply and reliably.

There are certainly projects we've created which are neglected due to
lack of time or interest.  I don't think git-review is one of them.  I
think with agreement on scope, you'll find that we are interested in
maintaining it.  Again, I agree with Jeremy's evaluations of Darragh's
proposals.

I also don't think there is (or should be) anything OpenStack specific
about it.  I see it as an essential component of any Gerrit system.

-Jim