[OpenStack-Infra] Adding ARM64 cloud to infra

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 05:08:46 UTC 2018

On 01/13/2018 03:54 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> UEFI expects GPT and DIB is completely not prepared for it.

I feel like we've made good progress on this part, with sufficient
GPT support in [1] to get started on the EFI part

... which is obviously where the magic is here.  This is my first
rodeo building something that boots on aarch64, but not yours I've
noticed :)

I've started writing some notes at [2] and anyone is welcome to edit,
expand, add notes on testing etc etc.  I've been reading through the
cirros implementation and have more of a handle on it; I'm guessing
we'll need to do something similar in taking distro grub packages and
put them in place manually.  Any notes on testing very welcome :)

Cheers,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/533490/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/dib-efi