[OpenStack-Infra] Adding ARM64 cloud to infra

Dan Radez dradez at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 23:27:50 UTC 2018

fwiw
We've been building arm images for tripleo and posting them.
https://images.rdoproject.org/aarch64/pike/delorean/current-tripleo-rdo/

This uses delorean and overcloud build:

    DIB_YUM_REPO_CONF+="/etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-deps-${OSVER}.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/delorean-${OSVER}.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/ceph.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/radez.fedorapeople.repo" \
    openstack --debug overcloud image build \
        --config-file overcloud-aarch64.yaml \
        --config-file
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-common/image-yaml/overcloud-images.yaml \
        --config-file
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-common/image-yaml/overcloud-images-centos7.yaml
    # --config-file overcloud-images.yaml --config-file
overcloud-images-centos7.yaml --config-file aarch64-gumpf.yaml --image-name
    #openstack --debug overcloud image build --type overcloud-full
--node-arch aarch64

It's not quite an orthodox RDO build, There are still a few things in
place that work around arm related packaging discrepancies or x86
related configs. But we get good builds from it.

I don't know the details of what overcloud build does to the dib builds,
Though I don't believe these are whole disk images. I think the
overcloud and undercloud are root partition images and the kernel an
initrd are composed into the disk for the overcloud by OOO and we direct
boot them to launch a undercloud VM.

Happy to share details if anyone wants more.

Radez