[OpenStack-Infra] Adding ARM64 cloud to infra

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Fri Jan 12 10:17:33 UTC 2018

Wu dniu 12.01.2018 o 01:09, Ian Wienand pisze:
> On 01/10/2018 08:41 PM, Gema Gomez wrote:
>> 1. Control-plane project that will host a nodepool builder with 8 vCPUs,
>> 8 GB RAM, 1TB storage on a Cinder volume for the image building scratch
>> space.
> Does this mean you're planning on using diskimage-builder to produce
> the images to run tests on?  I've seen occasional ARM things come by,
> but of course diskimage-builder doesn't have CI for it (yet :) so it's
> status is probably "unknown".

I had a quick look at diskimage-builder tool.

It looks to me that you always build MBR based image with one partition.
This will have to be changed as AArch64 is UEFI based platform (both
baremetal and VM) so disk needs to use GPT for partitioning and EFI
System Partition needs to be present (with grub-efi binary on it).

I am aware that you like to build disk images on your own but have you
considered using virt-install with generated preseed/kickstart files? It
would move several arch related things (like bootloader) to be handled
by distribution rules instead of handling them again in code.

Sent a patch to make it choose proper grub package on aarch64.