[OpenStack-Infra] Migrating job configs into infra repositories

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Aug 31 18:41:43 UTC 2018

Hello,

OpenStack is currently in the process of migrating project CI job configs into individual repos. Part of the motivation for this was to remove us (the Infra team) as a roadblock to getting job config changes merged. This is particular important for OpenStack as it is trying to update its job configs to be python3 first so there will be a fair bit of job churn over the Stein cycle.

This is great for OpenStack, but the question has come up about whether or not we (the Infra team) want to do similar for our projects.

My initial thought is that it isn't as urgent for us because infra-core already manage both the separate repos and the central job config. This means we can manage the job churn ourselves regardless of the location. Considering the other items we currently have on our place (namely Winterscale and config management updates) I'm willing to defer on this for now.

If you think we should make moving job config into our repos a priority please let me know. More than happy to accommodate this work, but we will likely need a volunteer to help do it. (I don't expect we'll be able to piggy back off of the OpenStack work as we have many non standard jobs from OpenStack's perspective).

Thanks,
Clark