[OpenStack-Infra] Volunteer Systems Administrator

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Sun Aug 19 13:24:07 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-19 04:46 AM, Marcin Koprowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Marcin and I work in
> Poland as an Infrastructure Analyst. I used to be a Systems Administrator,
> IT Manager, IT Support Analyst, etc. I have a few years of experience
> administering Ubuntu Server and a bunch of Open Source
> applications/services.
>
> I don't have any experience with OpenStack, but I'm very keen to learn.
>
> The reason why I'm writing here is that I have more than 10 hours per week
> to spare and I would like to help you out somehow. My interest is Systems
> Administration and DevOps. Please let me know if you are interested, and if
> you are, I will provide you with my CV and link to my Linkedin profile.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marcin

Hi Marcin:

You are more than welcome to participate, no application process necessary.

There are plenty of tasks available for you to help with, the best way
to find out which ones and how to learn the systems are by spending time
in the infra channel (#openstack-infra on the freenode network, you will
need to register your irc nickname to join the channel) and by
participating in the weekly infra meeting, #openstack-meeting 19:00 utc
on Tuesdays.

Root access to servers is granted to those who demonstrate commitment
and experience with our systems and the only way to get experience is to
participate.

Your participation would be appreciated. There is usually someone in the
irc channel in most time zones, weekends tend to be quiet.

Welcome,
Anita