[OpenStack-Infra] Status update on puppetmaster/bridge cutover

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Aug 16 23:37:20 UTC 2018

Hey everybody!

puppet is no longer being run from puppetmaster - it has been turned
off, almost certainly for good. The puppetmaster server is still around
while we finish transitioning, but bridge.openstack.org is now the new
hotness.

We tested running the new ansible base.yaml playbook and the remote
puppet stuff several times on various of the trickier servers and all
seems to be looking good. However, due to EOD we're not quite finished.

SO ...

ansible/puppet cronjob is not turned on yet on bridge. This means puppet
is not running anywhere and new projects will not get created.

We'll finish it up in the morning, but if something happens overnight
that needs a puppet run, kick.sh FROM bridge.openstack.org should be
fine to run.

Thanks!
Monty