[OpenStack-Infra] Remaining connections to gerrit in the third party CI

guy.kim at itri.org.tw guy.kim at itri.org.tw
Tue Oct 17 03:00:25 UTC 2017

Dear everyone,

I am Guy, one of the operator for our third-party CI.

Recently, we are facing an issue in our CI. Indeed, our CI keeps running and reports the results to Gerrit. But there are still some remaining connections to Gerrit that are not closed. OpenStack Infra said that it reaches more than 100 connections (limit number of allowed connections). So when the connection is over 100, our CI cannot connect to Gerrit because the IP is blocked due to the high number of remaining connections.

We are still checking our servers if one of them keeps dropping SSH connections to Gerrit at the port 29418. So far, we haven’t found any servers trying to connect to Gerrit.

Besides, our zuul version is 2.5.2. This version has already includes the fix for https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000923.

Is anyone has faced this issue before? If yes, how did you fix it?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Best regards,
Guy KIM
[itri_CEL_A2]
ITRI ICL
Division for Data Center Systems Software
E-mail : guy.kim at itri.org.tw<mailto:guy.kim at itri.org.tw>
Tel: (03)591-3502
Rm 109, 1F, Building 53, 195, Sec 4, Chung Hsing Rd, Chutung,
Hsinchu 31040, Taiwan

本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊,非指定之收件者,請勿使用或揭露本信件內容,並請銷毀此信件。 This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.