[OpenStack-Infra] RFC about creating a project for log-classify.crm

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Nov 21 17:43:12 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 07:09 PM, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to contribute to the automatic log classification. Please
> find bellow a request for comments regarding creating a dedicated project
> for the log-classify.crm script.
>
> The main issue is the lack of tests. The first contribution would be
> to currate a dataset we could use to create a CI job to prevent
> regression.
>
> The script also deserves some sort of documentation regarding usage
> and debugging.
>
> Lastly, it would be usable outside of the log-gearman-worker environment.
>

> I have been working on a similar implementation using python
> sklearn and perhaps the projects could converge ?
>
> Cheers,
> -Tristan

I think this is a great idea. I've always hoped to be able to put more
time into this aspect of the CI tooling, but unfortunately it has been a
lower priority for myself. That said I think it is excellent others are
interested and we should definitely do this.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Clark