[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool drivers

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Mon May 29 13:12:39 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 02:39:16AM +0000, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the nodepool-drivers[0] spec approved, I started to hack a quick
> implementation[1]. Well I am not very familiar with the nodepool/zookeeper
> architecture, thus this implementation may very well be missing important
> bits... The primary goal is to be able to run ZuulV3 with static nodes,
> comments and feedbacks are most welcome.
>
> Moreover, assuming this isn't too off-track, I'd like to propose an
> OpenContainer and a libvirt driver to diversify Test environment.

I know in the past we talked about using kubernetes for this. But, that might be
a large dependency for testing environments.  A quick peak at the code makes me
wonder if we maybe shouldn't just turn the interface into an Ansible driver.
This gets the contain logic outside of nodepool and by using ansible, makes it
generic enough to use any container / serverless / something.

It could be possible, there is where something like linchpin comes in handy too.