[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul v3: proposed new Depends-On syntax

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 25 14:18:10 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-25 08:50:14 -0500 (-0500), Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> Can I suggest that, for OpenStack purposes, we also deploy some sort of
> bot that comments on reviews using the old syntax, to at least alert
> developers to the pending deprecation?  If it had the smarts to guess
> URLs to place in the Depends-On footer, that'd be even better.

That's pretty doable as a Gerrit hook or standalone event stream
consuming daemon. Pretty low-hanging fruit if anyone wants to
volunteer to code that up.

Alternative/complimentary idea, Gerrit hooks can also be used to
reject uploads, so when the time comes to stop supporting the old
syntax we can also see about rejecting new patchsets which are using
the then-unsupported format (as long as the error can be clearly
passed through the likes of git-review so users aren't too
confused).