[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul v3: proposed new Depends-On syntax

Kevin L. Mitchell klmitch at mit.edu
Thu May 25 13:50:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-05-24 at 16:04 -0700, James E. Blair wrote:
> I propose we adopt support for URLs in all source drivers in v3, and
> declare Gerrit change IDs deprecated.  We will continue to support both
> for a generous deprecation period (at least 6 months after the initial
> Zuul 3.0 release), and then remove support for them.

Can I suggest that, for OpenStack purposes, we also deploy some sort of
bot that comments on reviews using the old syntax, to at least alert
developers to the pending deprecation?  If it had the smarts to guess
URLs to place in the Depends-On footer, that'd be even better.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <klmitch at mit.edu>