[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra][jenkins-job-builder] Jenkins-job-builder stable release

Ben Fox-Moore ben.foxmoore at accelleran.com
Tue May 16 18:45:28 UTC 2017

Hi Jeremy,

On 16 May 2017 at 20:32, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2017-05-16 09:37:35 +0200 (+0200), Ben Fox-Moore wrote:
>> Is the 2.0.0.0b2 release of JJB considered as a stable release? PyPi has
>> been updated to reference it, but there's still a branch labelled
>> 'stable' which suggests that master isn't.
>
> PyPI is a bit misleading here. It can either be configured to
> display _all_ releases by default (allowing you to manually go
> through and "hide" things like beta releases) or it can be
> configured to display only the most recent upload and hide all
> earlier uploads (what we have set currently). This is suboptimal in
> the case of non-chronological release ordering, e.g. when releasing
> different series from different branches.

Ah, I wasn't aware that's how PyPi behaved. Thanks for the explanation.

>> If it's not, could a new release be made, as there have been a lot of
>> changes since 1.6.2.
>
> If there are critical bug fixes you need on top of 1.6.2 we can try
> to get those backported and a new 1.6.3 release tagged to
> incorporate them. If you need new features only present in master
> slated for the coming 2.0.0 release and don't need to worry about
> upgrading existing configuration to accommodate the changes it's
> bringing, then it's probably okay to try the beta versions (it looks
> like there's been quite a few new commits in master over the past
> couple months, so maybe it's time for either 2.0.0.0b3 or even
> 2.0.0.0rc1?).

I've only just started working with JJB, so don't need to worry about
existing configurations. I'll stick with the latest beta release of
2.0.0 then. I'd also be happy to test out a new beta release if it's
useful (although I probably won't be hitting many edge cases).

Ben