[OpenStack-Infra] There is a problem while fallowing Project creator`s guide

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed May 10 12:29:33 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Jea-Min Lim's message of 2017-05-09 17:18:48 -0400:
> There is a problem while fallowing Project creator`s guide
>

> Hi, I`m following Project creator`s guide to create own OpenStack related
> project.
>
> I have problem while following ‘Give OpenStack Permission to Publish
> Releases’ section(URL: https://docs.openstack.org/
> infra/manual/creators.html#give-openstack-permission-to-publish-releases).
>

> This doc says ‘Once you have PyPI credentials visit https://pypi.python.org/
> pypi?%3Aaction=submit_form and fill in only the required fields.’
>

> But I can`t see ‘the required fields.'
>

> When I click the link (https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=submit_form)
> It shows
>

> 1. Use twine!
>
> 2. Use the setup.py "register" command.
>
> 3. Or upload your PKG-INFO file (generated by distutils) here:
>

> Am I doing right? or did I miss something?

It looks like the PyPI maintainers have removed the web form for
registering projects. If you already have a project, and a PyPI account,
you can run "python setup.py register" in the root directory of your
project to submit the data to register the project. The rest of the
instructions for adding the openstackci user should be the same after
that.

Doug