[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra] [jenkins-job-builder] run `jenkins-jobs test` failed

Mikhail Medvedev mihailmed at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:07:19 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:56 AM,  <dong.wenjuan at zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I use "puppet-jenkins" to setuped a jenkins node, and then run the command
> `jenkins-jobs test /etc/jenkins_jobs/config/`
>
> to parser the jobs which are from the "project-config/jenkins/jobs".
>
> But it raised a error, here is the log:
>
> Does anyone know how to resolve the issue? Do I need to install some tools?
>
> Thanks for help~
>

> INFO:jenkins_jobs.local_yaml:Including file 'include/run-project-guide.sh'
> from path '.'
>
> WARNING:root:logrotate is deprecated on jenkins>=1.637, use the property
> build-discarder on newer jenkins instead
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/usr/local/bin/jenkins-jobs", line 10, in <module>
>
>     sys.exit(main())
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/cmd.py", line
> 191, in main
>
>     execute(options, config)
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/cmd.py", line
> 380, in execute
>
>     n_workers=1)
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/builder.py",
> line 350, in update_jobs
>
>     self.parser.generateXML()
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/parser.py", line
> 342, in generateXML
>
>     self.xml_jobs.append(self.getXMLForJob(job))
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/parser.py", line
> 352, in getXMLForJob
>
>     self.gen_xml(xml, data)
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/parser.py", line
> 359, in gen_xml
>
>     module.gen_xml(self, xml, data)
>
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/modules/publishers.py",
> line 6158, in gen_xml
>
>     self.registry.dispatch('publisher', parser, publishers, action)
>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jenkins_jobs/registry.py",
> line 249, in dispatch
>
>     format(name, component_type))
>
> jenkins_jobs.errors.JenkinsJobsException: Unknown entry point or macro 'afs'
> for component type: 'publisher'.

The problem is exactly what it says it is - jjb can not find a
publisher macro named 'afs'. If you look into project-config/tox.ini
's testenv:jjb section, you'll see that it does 'pip install -U
jenkins/modules/jjb_afs', which I assume installs the missing macro.
So you can either install that missing macro, or you can remove all
uses of the macro from you configuration.

A more important question is why you want to use
project-config/jenkins jobs as is for your deployment of Jenknis? It
is a configuration specific to OpenStack Infra. You would be better
off starting with a small subset of jobs you are interested in using.

---
Mikhail Medvedev (mmedvede)Now there is another question
IBM