[OpenStack-Infra] Adding projects to zuulv3-dev.o.o

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Mar 2 22:15:54 UTC 2017

Paul Belanger <pabelanger at redhat.com> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> I wanted to start a thread about what people thought about expanding our
> coverage of projects a little. I've been working on ansible roles for CI things
> for a while, and figure it might be a good first step to have zuulv3 test a
> role[1] to install zuul with ansible.
>
> So far, it is up to date with feature/zuulv3 branch and support ubuntu-trusty,
> ubuntu-xenial, fedora-25 and centos-7.  I've been using it locally for testing
> environments for a while now and would love to start importing it into zuulv3.

Well, I don't want to expand Zuul v3 coverage for its own sake yet, for
all of the reasons mentioned in Monty and Robyn's emails (stability!
security!).  However, I do think we should start exercising some role
dependencies, and getting an ansible-based all-in-one deployment is a
near-term goal, so I think that would be a good restrained addition to
our coverage.

Having a job on the zuulv3 repo which uses that role to deploy an
all-in-one zuul would be a good way of advancing both of those goals.

-Jim