[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool drivers

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Jun 14 13:10:25 UTC 2017

Tristan Cacqueray <tdecacqu at redhat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> With the nodepool-drivers[0] spec approved, I started to hack a quick
> implementation[1]. Well I am not very familiar with the nodepool/zookeeper
> architecture, thus this implementation may very well be missing important
> bits... The primary goal is to be able to run ZuulV3 with static nodes,
> comments and feedbacks are most welcome.

I've taken a general look and I think this is heading in the right
direction.  We should ask David Shrewsbury to look at it when he gets a
chance, and Tobias as well when he's back.  Thanks!

> Moreover, assuming this isn't too off-track, I'd like to propose an
> OpenContainer and a libvirt driver to diversify Test environment.

I think the most important thing is the static node driver -- that's
part of the original scope for Zuul v3, and we need it for functional
parity with v2.

An OpenContainer driver sounds fine to me, but I'm reluctant to add a
libvirt driver at the moment -- there is a lot of potential overlap with
OpenStack, as well as other potential drivers such as linch-pin.  Maybe
there are some compelling reasons to do so, but I'd rather defer that
for a while until we establish some guidelines around in-tree drivers.

Since it's a scope expansion, we should consider anything beyond the
static driver to be a lower priority while we work to get Zuul v3
finished.

-Jim