[OpenStack-Infra] [infra] confusion on projec/jobs between zuul and jenkins job builder

Xinliang Liu xinliang.liu at linaro.org
Tue Jun 13 09:00:30 UTC 2017

Hi Lenny,

On 13 June 2017 at 14:24, Lenny Verkhovsky <lennyb at mellanox.com> wrote:

> Hi Xinliang,
>
> Can you provide more details?
>
> If you can share the files in [1]
>
> In general JJB yaml files are translated into Jenkins Jobs
>
> And zuul yaml ( layout.yaml ) is used by zuul to trigger a specific job
> according to the patchset

​The jobs/projects described here[1] and here[2] are different, right?
I know that [2] are the jenkins project/jobs. And the [1] projecj/jobs are
about gearman jobs?

The confusion is that what's the  relationship between these two kind of
project/jobs?
How zuul trigger [2] porect/jobs to run?

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/zuul/layout.yaml#L3756https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/zuul/layout.yaml#L1216
[2]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs