[OpenStack-Infra] On the subject of HTTP interfaces and Zuul

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Fri Jun 9 20:11:00 UTC 2017

Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> writes:

> I'm wary of this simply because it looks a lot like repeating
> OpenStack's (now failed) decision to stick web servers in a bunch of
> python processes then do cooperative multithreading with them along with
> all your application logic. It just gets complicated. I also think this
> underestimates the value of using tools people are familiar with (wsgi
> and flask) particularly if making it easy to jump in and building
> community is a goal.

I agree that mixing an asyncio based httpserver with application logic
using cooperative multithreading is not a good idea.  Happily that is
not the proposal.  The proposal is that the webserver be a separate
process from the rest of Zuul, it would be an independently scaleable
component, and *only* the webserver would use asyncio.

-Jim