[OpenStack-Infra] About aarch64 third party CI

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 9 19:58:44 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-07 14:26:10 +0800 (+0800), Xinliang Liu wrote:
[...]
> we already have our own pre-built debian cloud image, could I just
> use it and not use the one built by diskimage-builder?
[...]

The short answer is that nodepool doesn't currently have support for
directly using an image provided independent of its own image build
process. Clark was suggesting[*] in IRC today that it might be
possible to inject records into Zookeeper (acting as a "fake"
nodepool-builder daemon basically) to accomplish this, but nobody
has yet implemented such a solution to our knowledge.

Longer term, I think we do want a feature in nodepool to be able to
specify the ID of a prebuilt image for a label/provider (at least we
discussed that we wouldn't reject the idea if someone proposed a
suitable implementation). Just be aware that nodepool's use of
diskimage-builder to regularly rebuild images is intentional and
useful since it ensures images are updated with the latest packages,
kernels, warm caches and whatever else you specify in your elements
so reducing job runtimes as they spend less effort updating these
things on every run.

[*] <URL: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2017-06-09.log.html#t2017-06-09T15:32:27-2 >