[OpenStack-Infra] Scale Out Zuul Ingestors Spec

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Jun 5 23:03:34 UTC 2017

Hey all,

I just pushed up a spec about an approach for Scale-out event ingestors
for Zuul.

   https://review.openstack.org/471158

This is mostly based on having done a restart the other day, being irked
that there was a user-facing impact of that, and then spending a
Saturday brainstorming through a solution because I couldn't help myself.

I don't think this is work we should dive in to right now, nor really
even spend much if any time on the spec.

SO - please ignore this for now. :)

I mostly went ahead and wrote it down because that was (weirdly) the
best way to get it out of my head, and then once it's down going ahead
and publishing it so that if someone hits up against the problem they
don't have to start from scratch in thinking about it.

Once v3 is out the door, I think this should be a fairly easy
improvement to make ... but I don't think the scope-creep is worth it
vs. getting stuff out the door right now.

Thanks!
Monty