[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool config file structure

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Mon Jan 9 21:58:14 UTC 2017

corvus at inaugust.com (James E. Blair) writes:

>> Yup, I think this makes sense and avoids duplicate image data. One other
>> similarish use case that I don't think this addresses that we should
>> consider is the one we had in hpcloud and what we do in osic-cloud1
>> currently. Basically chunk up a provider in several different ways to
>> affect distribution of nodes based on attributes within that provider. I
>> don't have any great ideas for how that might look right now, but wonder
>> if that might also solve the flavor problem. Probably something to think
>> about before we commit to this.
>
> Yeah, I don't think this addresses that problem.  I suspect a real
> solution to it would look a lot different than what we have now.  I'm
> open to suggestions.

Perhaps something like this?  It creates a new "pools" section which is
groups of instances+labels within a provider.  The actual image uploads
are still at the provider level.  It's a bit more complicated, in that
we have to explicitly cross-link the label to the cloud image (the
previous suggestion implicitly did that by being underneath it in the
yaml hierarchy).  It does provide a nice retcon for 'nodepool' though.
:)

  labels:
    - name: small-ubuntu-trusty
      ready-script: configure_mirror.sh