[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul roadmap

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 16:28:47 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 05:01:41PM +0100, Matthieu Huin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If the getting-started documentation effort is also aimed at end
> users, I'd be happy to help Leif with this: we've written a quick
> start guide for Software Factory explaining how to set up pipelines
> and jobs with Zuul3, and this would probably be better hosted upstream
> with minimal adaptations. Let me know if there's interest for this
> (the storyboard item at
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2001332 doesn't specify
> which kind of doc is expected) and I can submit some patches to the
> documentatoin.

I was just talking with leifmadsen about it this morning and we're going to
organize a working group on docs in the coming days. With holidays coming up
quick, it might be difficult to wrap things up before Christmas.

I know there already has been some discussion between Jim and Leif, plus myself
and Leif documented in the etherpad[1]. Using Fedora and github, I believe the
etherpad notes are correct. So the next steps are reformatting into RST and
tuning the docs.

TL;DR we have some docs, and jobs ran, now to make that a little more user
friendly.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/zuulv3-quickstart