[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool drivers

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 09:34:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

Top posting here to raise another complication.
James mentioned an API problem regarding the NodeRequestHandler
interface. Indeed the run_handler method should actually be part of the
generic code so that the driver's handler only implements the 'launch' method.

Unfortunately, this is another refactor where we need to move and
abstract a good chunk of the openstack handler... I worked on a first
implementation that adds new handler interfaces to address the openstack
driver needs (such as setting az when a node is reused):
  https://review.openstack.org/526325

Well I'm not sure what's the best repartition of roles between the
handler, the node_launcher and the provider, so feedback would be
appreciated.

I also proposed a 'plugin' interface so that driver are fully contained
in their namespace, which seems like another legitimate addition to this
feature:
  https://review.openstack.org/524620

Thanks,
-Tristan