[OpenStack-Infra] Nodepool drivers

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Sat Dec 2 00:08:00 UTC 2017

Tristan Cacqueray <tdecacqu at redhat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Now that the zuulv3 release is approaching, please find below a
> follow-up on this spec.
>
> The current code could use one more patch[0] to untangle the common
> config from the openstack provider specific bits. The patch often needs
> to be manualy rebased. Since it looks like a good addition to what
> has already been merged, I think we should consider it for the release.
>
> Then it seems like new drivers are listed as 'future work' on the
> zuul roadmap board, though they are still up for review[1].
> They are fairly self contained and they don't require further
> zuul or nodepool modification, thus they could be easily part of a
> future release indeed.
>
> However I think we should re-evaluate them for the release one more
> time since they enable using zuul without an OpenStack cloud.
> Anyway I remain available to do the legwork.
>
> Regards,
> -Tristan
>
> [0]: https://review.openstack.org/488384
> [1]: https://review.openstack.org/468624

I think getting the static driver in to the 3.0 release is reasonable --
most of the work is done, and I think it will make simple or test
deployments of Zuul much easier.  That can make for a better experience
for users trying out Zuul.

I'd support moving that to the 3.0 roadmap, but reserving further
drivers for later work.  Thanks!

-Jim