[OpenStack-Infra] New IRC channel for Scientific WG

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 19 23:49:29 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-19 17:42:38 +0100 (+0100), Stig Telfer wrote:
> A lot of our WG’s benefit is as a forum for information sharing,
> and some members would like to chat outside of the AOB slots in
> our meetings.
>
> Would it be possible to create an IRC channel for our WG, and if
> so what should I do to see it through?

The basic commands you need for channel registration are documented
here: https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/irc.html#access

After that, you'll want to propose a change to add the channel to
our "accessbot" configuration we use for general access
normalization across official OpenStack IRC channels:
https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/irc.html#accessbot

And another change adding it to our "meetbot" config to enable
channel logging:
https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/irc.html#logging

If you need any help proposing those changes into Gerrit, we're easy
to find in the #openstack-infra channel on Freenode too and always
happy to help out.