[OpenStack-Infra] New caching reverse proxies

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Apr 4 18:12:38 UTC 2017

Hello,

Just a heads up that we are experimenting with new caching reverse
proxies on our cloud region local mirror nodes. The idea here being that
not every hosted resource is easily mirrorable but we can pretty easily
cache them locally in regions to reduce errors and speed up downloads.
More details can be found in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453241/
(reviews welcome). The config is all done in the existing mirror host
apache configuration.

Currently testing it out with RDO (rsyncs are slow and updates frequent
so not good AFS mirroring candidate until those items can be sorted out)
and the puppet modules and tripleo are consuming RDO from here. Possible
future work includes proxying dockerhub for container image downloads.

Clark