[OpenStack-Infra] ask.openstack.org full disk

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Nov 22 14:51:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-21 17:22:29 +1100 (+1100), Ian Wienand wrote:
[...]
> After a little poking the safest way to clear some space seemed to
> be the apt cache which gave some breathing room.
[...]
> Disk is still tight on this host.  Someone who knows a little more
> about the service might like to go clear out anything else that is
> unnecessary.

Thanks! I removed a few old manual backups from some of our homedirs
(mostly mine!) freeing up a few more GB on the rootfs. The biggest
offender though seems to be /var/log/jetty which has about a week of
retention. Whatever's rotating these daily at midnight UTC (doesn't
seem to be logrotate doing it) isn't compressing them, so they're up
to nearly 13GB now (which is a lot on a 40GB rootfs).